Newfoundland's moose population has seen a large increase in the last few years with approximately 140,000 animals on the Island. We have the highest moose population per square mile than anywhere else in North America. Good bulls will go over 1,000 lbs. Live weight an up to 50 inch antler spreads.
Notch Mountain's success rate on Moose is 95 to 100%.
MOOSE and/or CARIBOU HUNT
- 6 day hunt
- breakfast served 1 hour before daylight
- trail lunch packed for you
- evening meal served upon return to camp
- hunt can be as adventurous or as gentlemanly as you wish, This allows clients with physical restrictions to totally enjoy their hunt.
- remember for hunters with physical restrictions, road hunting from a pick up and/or Argo is legal in Newfoundland.
- for hunters that tag out early on their big game, the guides will make arrangements to take you small game hunting (snowshoe hare, grouse or partridge) at no extra cost except for the small game license. So make sure you bring a shot gun with you. We use beagles and English setters.
- Pick up Truck
- 8 Wheel drive Argo