We have the Woodland Caribou, they are still in great hunt able populations. The antlers are not as big as the Barren Ground but the body mass is 25% bigger. The moose/caribou combination hunt is a great hunt as moose move in the mornings and evenings but caribou move all day long, so the two animals can be hunted within the same day.
Notch Mountain's success rate on Caribou is
80 to 100%.
MOOSE and/or CARIBOU HUNT
- 6 day hunt
- breakfast served 1 hour before daylight
- trail lunch packed for you
- evening meal served upon return to camp
- hunt can be as adventurous or as gentlemanly as you wish, This allows clients with physical restrictions to totally enjoy their hunt.
- remember for hunters with physical restrictions, road hunting from a pick up and/or Argo is legal in Newfoundland.
- for hunters that tag out early on their big game, the guides will make arrangements to take you small game hunting (snowshoe hare, grouse or partridge) at no extra cost except for the small game license. So make sure you bring a shot gun with you. We use beagles and English setters.
- Pick up Truck
- 8 Wheel drive Argo